Our Vendor Diversity Program
Apply to be a City National Vendor
City National spends over $11 million a year on products and services provided by minority, women, certified Veteran and service-disabled Veteran-owned businesses. Want to be one of them?
Did You Know?
Any type of business can apply to be a City National vendor – however, certain vendors might also qualify for our Vendor Diversity
City National spends more than $70 million a year on vendor products and services.
Our Vendor Diversity program goal is to spend $20 million with minority, women, certified Veteran and service-disabled Veteran-owned businesses by 2017.
What is Vendor Diversity?
Also known as Supplier Diversity, this is a program that encourages businesses to proactively seek out and procure services from those businesses that have been historically under-used such as minority, women, certified Veteran and service-disabled Veteran-owned businesses.
Do you qualify for our Vendor Diversity Program?
If you are a minority, women, certified Veteran and service-disabled Veteran-owned businesses and you meet the following requirements, you can register as the owner of a vendor diversity business.
To qualify you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or have legal resident status
- Own at least 51% of the business as a minority or a woman
- Be involved in day-to-day management and operational decisions
- Be located in the United States or its trust territories
- Provide proof of certification by an authorized Community Development Financial Institution or be recognized by a national organization such as:
National Minority Supplier Development Council
1040 Avenue of the Americas, Second Floor
New York, NY 10018
Women's Business Enterprise National Council
1120 Connecticut Ave., NW, Suite 950
Washington, DC 20036
How can a business become part of our Vendor Diversity Program?
- Call Theresa Don Lucas at (213) 673-7552. Theresa knows a lot about the program and will answer any initial questions you might have.
- Next, Theresa will e-mail you an application form which you can fill out and e-mail back to her.
- We will review your application and get back to you by phone or e-mail within 60 days.
- We may request additional information or an in-person interview.
- If your application is accepted, we will inform your firm of potential opportunities to do business with City National as they arise.
- Note: The purchasing coordinator in each City National department or division makes the decisions about which vendors they buy from or hire.
Just Some of the Products & Services We Procure:
- Data processing
- Information services
- Messenger/delivery services
- Office supplies/equipment
- Recruitment and temporary staffing
- And many more….
Interested in becoming a preferred vendor partner with us? Call Theresa Don Lucas of our Community Reinvestment team at (213) 673-7552.